- (By extension from above) A makeshift bed.
- A wooden implement, often oval or round, used by potters, crucible makers, etc., for forming, beating, and rounding their works.
- (gilding) A tool for gilding the backs of books over the bands.
- (engineering) One of the series of disks or pistons in the chain pump.
- (zoology) One of a pair of shelly plates that protect the siphon tubes of certain bivalves, such as the Teredo.
- (military) A flat base for combining stores or carrying a single item to form a unit load for handling, transportation, and storage by materials handling equipment.
- A straw bed.
- (painting) Archaic form of palette.
- (gilding) An instrument used to take up gold leaf from the pillow, and to apply it.
- (engineering) A click or pawl for driving a ratchet wheel.
- (music) In the organ, a valve between the wind chest and the mouth of a pipe or row of pipes.
- A portable platform, usually designed to be easily moved by a forklift, on which goods can be stacked, for transport or storage.
- (heraldry) A narrow vertical strip.
- A potter's wheel.
- (brickmaking) A board on which a newly moulded brick is conveyed to the hack.
- (horology) One of the pieces or levers connected with the pendulum of a clock, or the balance of a watch, which receive the immediate impulse of the scape-wheel, or balance wheel.
- A cup containing three ounces, formerly used by surgeons.
- (military) (DOD only) 463L pallet – An 88” x 108” aluminum flat base used to facilitate the upload and download of aircraft.
- (transitive) To load or stack (goods) onto pallets.