- (slang) Pansexual.
- Alternative form of paan
- A loaf of bread
- (fortifications) The distance comprised between the angle of the epaule and the flanked angle.
- (roofing) The bottom flat part of a roofing panel that is between the ribs of the panel
- The skull, considered as a vessel containing the brain; the brain-pan.
- A wide, flat receptacle used around the house, especially for cooking
- (Ireland) A deep plastic receptacle, used for washing or food preparation. A basin.
- Strong adverse criticism
- A part; a portion.
- (slang) A human face, a mug.
- The part of a flintlock that holds the priming.
- The hard stratum of earth that lies below the soil; hardpan.
- A cylindrical receptacle about as tall as it is wide, with one long handle, usually made of metal, used for cooking in the home
- (geography) a specific type of lake, natural depression or basin. They are sometimes associated with desert areas
- The base part of a toilet, consisting of a bowl and a footing
- A leaf of gold or silver.
- A closed vessel for boiling or evaporating as part of manufacture; a vacuum pan.
- (carpentry) A recess, or bed, for the leaf of a hinge.
- The contents of such a receptacle
- A wide receptacle in which gold grains are separated from gravel by washing the contents with water
- (transitive) To wash in a pan (of earth, sand etc. when searching for gold).
- (transitive, informal, of a contest) To beat one's opposition convincingly.
- (audio) To spread a sound signal into a new stereo or multichannel sound field, typically giving the impression that it is moving across the sound stage.
- (intransitive) With "out" (to pan out), to turn out well; to be successful.
- (intransitive, photography) to move the camera lens angle while continuing to expose the film, enabling a contiguous view and enrichment of context. In still-photography large-group portraits the film usually remains on a horizontal fixed plane as the lens and/or the film holder moves to expose the film laterally. The resulting image may extend a short distance laterally or as great as 360 degrees from the point where the film first began to be exposed.
- To join or fit together; to unite.
- (transitive) To disparage; to belittle; to put down; to criticise severely.
- to turn horizontally (of a camera etc.)