- A square of a checkered or plaid pattern.
- A subdivision of an irrigated surface between a feeder and an outlet drain.
- An individual sheet of glass in a window.
- A division; a distinct piece or compartment of any surface.
- (architecture) A compartment of a surface, or a flat space; hence, one side or face of a building.
"An octagonal tower is said to have eight panes."
- One of the eight facets surrounding the table of a brilliant-cut diamond.
- Alternative spelling of peen
- One of the openings in a slashed garment, showing the bright colored silk, or the like, within; hence, the piece of colored or other stuff so shown.
- One of the flat surfaces, or facets, of any object having several sides.
- (computing, graphical user interface) A layer in the build-up of a GUI.