- Equal value; equality of nominal and actual value; the value expressed on the face or in the words of a certificate of value, as a bond or other commercial paper.
- (golf, countable) A hole in which a player achieves par.
- Young salmon. (also spelled parr)
- (golf, mostly uncountable) The allotted number of strokes to reach the hole.
"He needs to make this shot for par."
- Equality of condition or circumstances.
- (Britain) An amount which is taken as an average or mean.
- By; with.
- (transitive, golf) To reach the hole in the allotted number of strokes.
"He will need to par every hole in order to win this game."