- (archaic) Square; even; balanced; equal; exact.
- Produced by multiplying a number by itself; square.
- Having four equal sides, the opposite sides parallel, and four right angles; square.
- (archaic) Squared; suited; correspondent.
- (astrology) An aspect of the heavenly bodies in which they are distant from each other 90°, or the quarter of a circle; quartile.
- (geometry) A plane surface with four equal sides and four right angles; a square; hence, figuratively, anything having the outline of a square.
- (anatomy) The quadrate bone.
- (archaic, transitive) To train (a gun) for horizontal firing.
- (archaic, transitive) To adjust (a gun) on its carriage.
- (archaic, transitive) To square; to agree; to suit; to correspond (with).
"not quadrating with American ideas of right, justice and reason"
- (archaic, transitive, intransitive) To square.
"quadrating the circle"