- (physics) the condition in which the phase angle between two alternating quantities is 90°.
- The process of making something square; squaring.
- (astronomy) a situation in which three celestial bodies form a right-angled triangle, the observer being located at the right angle
"When the Moon is in quadrature, it appears in the sky as a half-moon."
- The act or process of finding the indefinite integral.
- (art) A painting painted on a wooden panel.
- (mathematics) The act or process of constructing a square that has the same area as a given plane figure, or of computing that area.