- (juggling) An instance of throwing and catching each prop at least twice.
- (juggling) To throw and catch each object at least twice.
"to qualify seven balls you need at least fourteen catches"
- To describe or characterize something by listing its qualities.
- To modify, limit, restrict or moderate something; especially to add conditions or requirements for an assertion to be true.
- To give individual quality to; to modulate; to vary; to regulate.
- To certify or license someone for something.
- To compete successfully in some stage of a competition and become eligible for the next stage.
- To make someone, or to become competent or eligible for some position or task.
- (now rare) To mitigate, alleviate (something); to make less disagreeable.