- A verbal dispute or heated argument.
"We got into a silly quarrel about what food to order."
- A square-headed arrow for a crossbow.
- (obsolete) earnest desire or longing.
- A square tile; quarry tile.
- A four-sided cutting tool or chisel with a diamond-shaped end.
- A ground of dispute or objection; a complaint.
"A few customers in the shop had some quarrels with us, so we called for the manager."
- A diamond-shaped piece of coloured glass forming part of a stained glass window.
- A small opening in window tracery, of which the cusps etc. make the form nearly square.
- (intransitive) To disagree.
- (transitive, obsolete) To argue or squabble with.
- (intransitive) To find fault; to cavil.
"to quarrel with one's lot"
- (intransitive) To contend, argue strongly, squabble.