- (nautical) Coming from a point well abaft the beam, but not directly astern; said of waves or any moving object.
- (engineering) At right angles, as the cranks of a locomotive, which are in planes forming a right angle with each other.
- (heraldry) The division of a shield containing different coats of arms into four or more compartments.
- The method of capital punishment where a criminal is cut into four pieces.
- (architecture) A series of quarters, or small upright posts.
- The act of providing housing for military personnel, especially when imposed upon the home of a private citizen.
- (heraldry) One of the different coats of arms arranged upon an escutcheon, denoting the descent of the bearer.
- present participle of quarter