- A female monarch. Example: Queen Victoria
- (card games) A playing card with the picture of a queen on its face, the twelfth card in a given suit.
- An adult female cat valued for breeding. See also tom.
- (chess) The most powerful piece, able to move any number of spaces horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.
- A reproductive female animal in a hive, such as an ant, bee, termite or wasp.
- The wife or widow of a king.
"Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother"
- A powerful or forceful female person.
- A queen olive.
- (intransitive, obsolete) To act the part of a queen; to queen it.
- To make a queen.
- (chess) To promote a pawn, usually to a queen.