- (computing, databases) A set of instructions passed to a database.
"The database admin switched on query logging for debugging purposes."
- A question mark.
- A question, an inquiry (US), an enquiry (UK).
"The teacher answered the student's query concerning biosynthesis."
- (computing, databases) To pass a query to a database to retrieve information.
- (transitive) To question or call into doubt.
- (intransitive) To ask a question.
- (transitive, Internet) To send a private message to (a user on IRC).
- (transitive) To ask, inquire.