- (historical) A sovereign or guinea.
- (Ireland, colloquial) pound, punt
- A piece of chewing tobacco.
- (US, historical) A section of the Democratic-Republican Party between 1805 and 1811 (from tertium quid).
- (Australia, colloquial) pound (before the 1966 currency change)
- (US, colloquial) dollar
- The inherent nature of something.
- (Britain, colloquial) Pound sterling.
"Five quid for a sandwich? You're having a laugh!"
- (Ireland, colloquial) euro
- (US, colloquial) the act of chewing such tobacco
- (of a horse) To let food drop from the mouth whilst chewing
- To chew tobacco