- (dated) An odd or absurd person or thing.
- One who or that which quizzes.
- A school examination of less importance, or of greater brevity, than others given in the same course.
- Something designed to puzzle one or make one ridiculous; banter; raillery.
- A competition in the answering of questions.
"We came second in the pub quiz."
- (transitive, archaic) To hoax; to chaff or mock with pretended seriousness of discourse; to make sport of, as by obscure questions.
- (transitive) To instruct by means of a quiz.
- (transitive) To question closely, to interrogate.
- (transitive, archaic) To peer at; to eye suspiciously or mockingly.