- A summary of work to be done with a set price.
"After going over the hefty quotes, the board decided it was cheaper to have the project executed by its own staff."
- A quotation mark.
- A quotation, statement attributed to someone else.
- A price set for a financial security or commodity.
- (Commerce, transitive) To name the current price, notably of a financial security.
- (transitive) To prepare a summary of work to be done and set a price.
- (archaic) To observe, to take account of.
- (transitive) To repeat someone’s exact words.
- (intransitive) To indicate verbally or by equivalent means the start of a quotation.