- (countable) A type of system using such method, differentiated by platform, configuration, frequency, power, and other technical attributes.
- (uncountable) A method of detecting distant objects and determining their position, velocity, or other characteristics by analysis of sent radio waves (usually microwaves) reflected from their surfaces
- (countable, figuratively) A superior ability to detect something.
"His sensitive radar for hidden alliances keeps him out of trouble."
- (countable) An installation of such a system or of the transmitting and receiving apparatus.
- To scan with radar, or as if with radar.