- (botany) Having parts radiating from the center, like the petals in many flowers.
- Surrounded by rays, such as the head of a saint in a religious picture.
- (zoology) Belonging to the Radiata.
- Radiating from a center; having rays or parts diverging from a center; radiated.
"a radiate crystal"
- (biology) Having radial symmetry, like a seastar.
- (zoology) One of the Radiata.
- (transitive) To illuminate.
- (ecology, intransitive) to spread into new habitats, migrate.
- (intransitive) To come out or proceed in rays or waves.
"The heat radiates from a stove."
- (transitive) To manifest oneself in a glowing manner.
- (transitive) To emit rays or waves.
"The stove radiates heat."
- To expose to ionizing radiation, such as by radiography.
- To extend, send or spread out from a center like radii.