- (countable) A device that can transmit radio signals.
- (countable) A device that can capture (receive) the signal sent over radio waves and render the modulated signal as sound.
- (uncountable) The technology that allows for the transmission of sound or other signals by modulation of electromagnetic waves.
- (Internet, uncountable) The continuous broadcasting of sound recordings via the Internet in the style of traditional radio.
- (transitive) To order or assist (to a location), using telecommunications.
- (intransitive, transitive, transitive, intransitive) To use two-way radio to transmit (a message) (to another radio or other radio operator).
"I think the boat is sinking; we'd better radio for help. / I radioed him already. / Radio the coordinates this time. / OK. I radioed them the coordinates."