- (poker, chiefly of a flop) Composed entirely of different suits.
- (attributive, chiefly US) Made up of several races or ethnicities, or (more broadly) of several cultural or ideological factions.
- A multicoloured arch in the sky, produced by prismatic refraction of light within droplets of rain in the air.
- (figuratively) An illusion, mirage.
"Many electoral promises are rainbows, vanishing soon after poll day."
- short for rainbow trout
- (often used with “of”) A wide assortment; a varied multitude.
"a rainbow of possibilities"
- (poker slang) In Texas hold 'em or Omaha hold 'em, a flop that contains three different suits.
- Any prismatic refraction of light showing a spectrum of colours.
- (baseball) A curveball, particularly a slow one.
- (transitive) To pattern with many colours, like a rainbow.