- (business, trading) A recovery after a decline in prices; -- said of the market, stocks, etc.
- Good-humoured raillery.
- (motor racing) An event in which competitors drive through a series of timed special stages at intervals. The winner is the driver who completes all stages with the shortest cumulative time.
- (squash (sport), table tennis, tennis, badminton) A sequence of strokes between serving and scoring a point.
- A demonstration; an event where people gather together to protest for or against a given cause
- To collect one's vital powers or forces; to regain health or consciousness; to recuperate.
- To come into orderly arrangement; to renew order, or united effort, as troops scattered or put to flight; to assemble; to unite.
- To tease; to chaff good-humouredly.
- To collect, and reduce to order, as troops dispersed or thrown into confusion; to gather again; to reunite.
- (business, trading) To recover strength after a decline in prices; -- said of the market, stocks, etc.