- A mechanical, or later electric, signalling device formerly used in the mines of north-eastern England to signal to the engineman that the cages carrying men or coals up and down the shaft were ready to be raised or lowered.
- One who, or that which, raps or knocks; specifically, the knocker of a door.
- A flexible strip of metal, 45-60cm long, with handles at each end, used for Northumbrian rapper sword dancing.
- (obsolete, Scotland) A sword.
- A performer of rap music.
"Ay, that rapper has too much swag."