- (not comparable) Lifted up into the air; transported into heaven.
- (not comparable, archaic) Snatched, taken away; abducted.
- (comparable) Enthusiatic; ecstatic, elated, happy.
"He was rapt with his exam results."
- (comparable) Very interested, involved in something, absorbed, transfixed; fascinated or engrossed.
"The children watched in rapt attention as the magician produced object after object from his hat."
- (obsolete) rapidity
- (obsolete) An ecstasy; a trance.
- (obsolete) To transport or ravish.
- (obsolete) To carry away by force.