- Brindled; diversified in color; as, a tabby cat.
- Having a wavy or watered appearance; as, a tabby waistcoat.
- (countable) A brindled cat.
- (uncountable) A mixture of lime with shells, gravel, or stones, in equal proportions, with an equal proportion of water. When dry, this becomes as hard as rock.
- (uncountable) A kind of waved silk, usually called watered silk, manufactured like taffeta, but thicker and stronger. The watering is given to it by calendering.
- (countable, archaic) An old maid or gossip.