- (slang) The perineum.
- A contamination, decay or putrefaction, especially in food
- (obsolete) infection; corruption; deprivation
"He had inherited from his parents a scrofulous taint, which it was beyond the power of medicine to remove. — Macaulay."
- An injury done to a lance in an encounter, without its being broken; also, a breaking of a lance in an encounter in a dishonorable or unscientific manner.
- (obsolete) tincture; hue; colour
- A thrust with a lance, which fails of its intended effect.
- A mark of disgrace, especially on one's character; blemish
- (transitive) To contaminate or corrupt (something) with an external agent, either physically or morally.
- (transitive) To be affected with incipient putrefaction.
"Meat soon taints in warm weather."
- (transitive) To damage, as a lance, without breaking it; also, to break, as a lance, but usually in an unknightly or unscientific manner.
- (transitive) To be infected or corrupted; to be touched by something corrupting.
- (intransitive) To thrust ineffectually with a lance.
- (transitive) To spoil (food) by contamination.
- (transitive) To hit or touch lightly, in tilting.