- A quantification, especially of building materials.
"I'll give you an estimate after I do the quantity takeoffs for the trusses and structural steel."
- A parody or lampoon of someone or something.
"Weird Al's song "Lasagna" is a takeoff on the popular song "La Bamba"."
- The spot from which one takes off; specifically, the place from which a jumper rises in leaping.
- The rising or ascent of an aircraft or rocket into flight.
"The flight was smooth, but the takeoff was a little rough."
- (printing, Britain, historical) The removal of sheets from the press.