- a simple greeting, exclusively used by the upper classes.
"Tallyho chaps! What's the time, anybody?"
- (Britain) used to urge on a fox hunt, especially when the fox is sighted.
"There he is! Coming out of that coppice! Tallyho tallyho tallyho!"
- (radio, aviation) target sighted.
"(Pilot): New York, Speedbird 123, tallyho."
"(Air Traffic Control): Speedbird 123, New York, traffic at two o’clock, seven miles, a Boeing 737, west-bound, at 4000 feet.”"
- (dated) A pleasure coach.
- the interjection.
"Alright, I'll give them the old tallyho."
- to articulate the interjection.
"I'll tallyho once we've got to the top."