- Having dark skin as a result of exposure to the sun.
"You’re looking very tan this week."
- Of a yellowish-brown.
"Mine is the white car parked next to the tan pickup truck."
- The bark of an oak or other tree from which tannic acid is obtained.
- (dialectal) A twig or small switch.
- A darkening of the skin resulting from exposure to sunlight or similar light sources.
"She still has a tan from her vacation in Mexico."
- picul (Asian unit of weight)
- A yellowish-brown colour.
"tan colour: "
- An Armenian drink made of yoghurt and water similar to airan and doogh
- (dialect, rare) The second cardinal number two, formerly used in Celtic areas, especially Cumbria and parts of Yorkshire, for counting sheep, and stitches in knitting.
- (intransitive) To change to a tan colour due to exposure to the sun.
"No matter how long I stay out in the sun, I never tan. though I do burn."
- (transitive, informal) To spank or beat.
- (transitive) To change an animal hide into leather by soaking it in tannic acid. To work as a tanner.