- (rare) A vetch, or the seed of a vetch.
- Any of various dipping sauces served with Japanese food, typically based on soy sauce.
- The empty weight of a container; the tare weight or unladen weight.
- (rare) A damaging weed growing in fields of grain.
- (chiefly business and law) To take into account the weight of the container, wrapping etc. in weighting merchandise.
- (obsolete) simple past tense of tear
- (sciences) To set a zero value on an instrument (usually a balance) that discounts the starting point.