- Covered with tar.
- Resembling tar.
- A sojourn.
- (intransitive) To linger in expectation of something or until something is done or happens.
- (transitive) To wait for; to stay or stop for; to allow to linger.
- (intransitive) To delay; to be late or tardy in beginning or doing anything.
"It is true that the Messiah will come, though he may tarry. (Hitchens quoting translated Maimonides)"
- (intransitive) To stay somewhere temporarily; to sojourn.
- (intransitive) To abide, stay or wait somewhere, especially if longer than planned.