- (humorous) Scottish.
- Having a pattern like a tartan.
- Trade name of a synthetic resin, used for surfacing tracks etc.
- An individual or a group wearing tartan; a Highlander or Scotsman in general.
- The pattern associated with such material.
- A type of one-masted vessel used in the Mediterranean.
- A kind of woven woollen cloth with a distinctive pattern of coloured stripes intersecting at right angles, associated with Scottish Highlanders, different clans having their own distinctive patterns.
- (transitive) To clothe in tartan.