- A military display or pageant.
- A signal by drum or bugle ordering soldiers to return to their quarters.
- A method of decorating the skin by inserting colored substances under the surface. The skin is punctured with a sharp instrument, which now is usually a solenoid-driven needle, that carries the inks to lower layers of the skin.
- (nautical) A signal played five minutes before taps (lights out).
- A breed of pony from India; a pony of that breed.
- An image made in the skin with ink and a needle.
- To apply a tattoo to (someone or something).
- (baseball) To hit the ball hard, as if to figuratively leave a tattoo on the ball.
"Jones tattoos one into the gap in left; that will clear the bases."