- A favorite marble in the game of marbles.
- (square dancing) dance partner
"Walk around your corner, see-saw around your taw."
- The twenty-second and last letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- (obsolete) Tawed leather.
- A line or mark from which the players begin a game of marbles.
- A favorite person; beloved, partner, spouse.
- To push; to tug; to tow.
- (transitive) To dress and prepare, as the skins of sheep, lambs, goats, and kids, for gloves, and the like, by imbuing them with alum, salt, and other agents, for softening and bleaching them.
- (transitive, obsolete) To prepare or dress, as hemp, by beating; to tew; hence, to beat; to scourge.
- to shoot a marble
- (transitive) Specifically, to turn (animals’ hide) into leather, usually by soaking it in a certain solution.