- Relating to technique.
"The performance showed technical virtuosity, but lacked inspiration."
- (of a person) Technically-minded; adept with science and technology.
- Of or pertaining to the useful or mechanic arts, or to any academic, legal, science, engineering, business, or the like terminology with specific and precise meaning or (frequently, as a degree of distinction) shades of meaning; specially appropriate to any art, science or engineering field, or business; as, the words of an indictment must be technical.
- (securities and other markets) Relating to the internal mechanics of a market rather than more basic factors.
"The market had a technical rally, due to an oversold condition."
- (basketball) A technical foul: a violation of sportsmanlike conduct, not involving physical contact.
- A pickup truck with a gun mounted on it.
- (video games) A special move in certain fighting games that cancels out the effect of an opponent's attack.