- Cloth-covered frame used for protection against rain or sun.
"Quick, grab that umbrella before you get rained on!"
- The main body of a jellyfish, excluding the tentacles.
"Jellyfish are composed of more than 90% water and most of their umbrella mass is made up of gelatinous material."
- Something that covers a wide range of concepts, purposes, groups, etc.
"The test facility was established under the umbrella of the company's quality program."
- Generally, anything that provides protection.
"The fighters provide a defensive air umbrella over the battle group."
- To move like a sea jelly.
- To form the dome shape of an open umbrella.
- To cover or protect, as if by an umbrella.