- A cry used to indicate surrender.
- The brother or brother-in-law of one’s parent.
- (Britain, informal) A pawnbroker.
- (figuratively) A source of advice, encouragement, or help.
- (Southern US, slang, archaic) An older male African-American person.
- (euphemistic) A companion to one's (usually unmarried) mother.
- (especially in the Southern US, parts of the Britain and Asia) An affectionate term for a man of an older generation than oneself, especially a friend of one's parents, by means of fictive kin.