- A dressing table used to apply makeup, preen, and coif hair. The table is normally quite low and similar to a desk, with drawers and one or more mirrors on top. Either a chair or bench is used to sit upon.
- (obsolete) Any idea, theory or statement that is without foundation.
- Excessive pride in or admiration of one's own abilities, appearance or achievements.
- That which is vain, futile, or worthless; that which is of no value, use or profit.
- A washbasin installed into a permanently fixed storage unit, used as an item of bathroom furniture.