- (obsolete) Wind; flatulence.
- (dated) Any medicinal agent designed for administration in the form of inhaled vapour.
- The gaseous state of a substance that is normally a solid or liquid.
- (archaic) Hypochondria; melancholy; the blues; hysteria, or other nervous disorder.
- Cloudy diffused matter such as mist, steam or fumes suspended in the air.
- Something unsubstantial, fleeting, or transitory; unreal fancy; vain imagination; idle talk; boasting.
- (intransitive) To use insubstantial language; to boast or bluster.
- (transitive) To turn into vapour.
"to vapour away a heated fluid"
- (intransitive) To become vapour; to be emitted or circulated as vapour.
- To emit vapour or fumes.