- Able to vary.
"variable winds or seasons; a variable quantity"
- (mathematics) Having no fixed quantitative value.
- Marked by diversity or difference.
- Likely to vary.
- (biology) Tending to deviate from a normal or recognized type.
- Something whose value may be dictated or discovered.
"There are several variables to consider here."
- (programming) A named memory location in which a program can store intermediate results and from which it can read them.
- (nautical, in the plural) Those parts of the sea where a steady wind is not expected, especially the parts between the trade-wind belts.
- Something that is variable.
- (mathematics) A symbol representing a variable.
- (nautical) A shifting wind, or one that varies in force.
- (mathematics) A quantity that may assume any one of a set of values.
- (astronomy) A variable star.