- (botany) In leaves, a thickened portion of the leaf containing the vascular bundle
- A topic of discussion; a train of association, thoughts, emotions, etc.
"...in the same vein..."
- (used in plural veins) The entrails of a shrimp
- A stripe or streak of a different colour or composition in materials such as wood, cheese, marble or other rocks
- A fissure, cleft, or cavity, as in the earth or other substance.
- (anatomy) A blood vessel that transports blood from the capillaries back to the heart
- (zoology) The nervure of an insect’s wing
- A style, tendency, or quality.
"The play is in a satirical vein."