- Capable of speech.
- Consisting of words only.
- (grammar) Used to form a verb.
- (obsolete) Abounding with words; verbose.
- Concerned with the words, rather than the substance of a text.
- (grammar) Derived from, or having the nature of a verb.
- Word for word; literal; verbatim.
"a verbal translation"
- Of or relating to words.
- Expressly spoken rather than written.
"a verbal contract; verbal testimony"
- (grammar) A verb form which does not function as a predicate, or a word derived from a verb. In English, infinitives, participles and gerunds are verbals.
- (transitive, Britain, Australia) To induce into fabricating a confession.