- (optics) The point where the surface of a lens crosses the optical axis.
- (geometry) The common point of the two rays of the angle, or its equivalent structure in polyhedra (meeting of edges) and higher order polytopes.
- (computer graphics) A point in 3D space, usually given in terms of its Cartesian coordinates.
- (astrology) The point where the prime vertical meets the ecliptic in the western hemisphere of a natal chart.
- (anatomy) The highest surface on the skull.
- (graph theory) One of the elements of a graph joined or not by edges to other vertices.
- (nuclear or particle physics) An interaction point.
- The highest point of something.
- (mathematics) A point on the curve with a local minimum or maximum of curvature.