- A substantial pile (normally of money).
"With a wad of cash like that, she should not have been walking round Manhattan"
- (mineralogy) Any black manganese oxide or hydroxide mineral rich rock in the oxidized zone of various ore deposits.
- An amorphous, compact mass.
"Our cat loves to play with a small wad of paper."
- (slang) A sandwich.
- A soft plug or seal, particularly as used between the powder and pellets in a shotgun cartridge.
- To stuff or line with some soft substance, or wadding, like cotton.
"to wad a cloak"
- To insert or force a wad into.
"to wad a gun"
- (Ulster) To wager.
- To crumple or crush into a compact, amorphous shape or ball.
"She wadded up the scrap of paper and threw it in the trash."