- (obsolete, law) A woman put out of the protection of the law; an outlawed woman.
- Obsolete form of waif.
- (obsolete) A waif; a castaway.
- (obsolete) To outlaw (someone).
- (now rare) To put aside, avoid.
- (transitive, law) To relinquish (a right etc.); to give up claim to; to forego.
"If you waive the right to be silent, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law."
- (intransitive, obsolete) To stray, wander.
- (obsolete) To abandon, give up (someone or something).
- (obsolete) To move from side to side; to sway.