- A heavy blow, punch.
- A thrill, emotionally excited reaction.
- (Britain, Scotland, dialect) A quick rolling movement; a gallop.
- An emotional impact, psychological force.
- (archaic) A thick piece of fat.
- A person's ability to throw such punches.
- (slang) anything produced by a process that involves boiling; beer, tea, whitewash.
- (transitive) To strike heavily, thrash soundly.
- To move in a rolling, cumbersome manner; to waddle.
- To boil with a continued bubbling or heaving and rolling, with noise.
- (transitive) To wrap up temporarily.
- (Internet) To write a message to all operators on an Internet Relay Chat server.
- (intransitive) To flounder, wallow.
- (transitive) To trounce, beat by a wide margin.
- To be slatternly.
- (intransitive) To rush hastily.