- (Scotland, slang) A child.
- A gradual diminution in power, value, intensity etc.
- (woodworking) A rounded corner caused by lack of wood, often showing bark.
- (literary) The end of a period.
"Wane siding on a cabin at S.B. Elliott State Park"
- (chiefly Northern England and Scotland, obsolete) A house or dwelling.
- The lunar phase during which the sun seems to illuminate less of the moon as its sunlit area becomes progressively smaller as visible from Earth.
- (intransitive, astronomy) Said of the Moon as it passes through the phases of its monthly cycle where its surface is less and less visible.
- (transitive, obsolete) To cause to decrease.
- (intransitive) Said of light that dims or diminishes in strength.
- (intransitive, archaic) To decrease physically in size, amount, numbers or surface.
- (intransitive) To progressively lose its splendor, value, ardor, power, intensity etc.; to decline.
- (intransitive) Said of a time period that comes to an end.