- (obsolete) Playful, sportive; being merry or carefree (often used figuratively).
- (obsolete) Extravagant, unrestrained; excessive (of speech or thought).
- Lewd, immoral; sexually open, unchaste.
- Capricious, reckless of morality, justice etc.; acting without regard for the law or the well-being of others; gratuitous.
- (obsolete) Undisciplined, unruly; not able to be controlled.
- (obsolete) Self-indulgent, fond of excess; luxurious.
- A pampered or coddled person.
- A self-indulgent person, fond of excess.
- An overly playful person; a trifler.
- (intransitive) To rove and ramble without restraint, rule, or limit; to revel; to play loosely; to frolic.
- (intransitive) To act wantonly; to be lewd or lascivious.
- (transitive) To waste or squander, especially in pleasure (often with away).
"The young man wantoned away his inheritance."