- (uncountable) The action of the verb to wash
- The liquid used to wash an ore.
- (stock exchange) A fraudulent transaction in which the same stock is simultaneously bought and sold for the purpose of manipulating the market.
- (countable, often in the plural) The residue after an ore, etc, has been washed
- A thin covering or coat.
"a washing of silver"
- (uncountable, chiefly Britain, New Zealand) Clothing, bedlinen or soft furnishings that have been, are currently being, or are to be washed; laundry.
- A place where a precious metal found in gravel is separated from lighter material by washing.
"the gold-washings, or silver-washings"
- (pottery) The covering of a piece with an infusible powder, which prevents it from sticking to its supports, while receiving the glaze.
- present participle of wash