- An appliance designed to wash something out.
"The cistern was fitted with washouts and air-valves."
- A channel produced by the erosion of a relatively soft surface by a sudden gush of water.
- The aerodynamic effect of a small twist in the shape of an aircraft wing
- (meteorology) The action whereby falling rainwater clean particles from the air.
- A sporting fixture that could not be completed because of rain.
- (biology, medicine) The cleaning of matter from a physiological system using a fluid.
"a bladder washout"
- (informal) A disappointment or total failure; an unsuccessful person.
"As an actor, he was a complete washout, so he went back to accounting."