- Made of wax.
- (rare) The process of growing.
- Any preparation containing wax, used as a polish.
- (US, slang) A type of drugs with as main ingredients weed oil and butane; hash oil
- Any oily, water-resistant substance; normally long-chain hydrocarbons, alcohols or esters.
- (US, dialect) A thick syrup made by boiling down the sap of the sugar maple and then cooling it.
- (dated, colloquial) An outburst of anger.
"What role does the wax in your earhole fulfill?"
- A phonograph record.
- (transitive, informal) To defeat utterly.
- (intransitive, with adjective) To increasingly assume the specified characteristic, become.
"to wax lyrical; to wax eloquent; to wax wode"
- (transitive) To remove hair at the roots from (a part of the body) by coating the skin with a film of wax that is then pulled away sharply.
- (transitive, archaic, usually of a musical or oral performance) To record. [from 1900]
- (intransitive, of the moon) To appear larger each night as a progression from a new moon to a full moon.
- (transitive) To apply wax to (something, such as a shoe, a floor, a car, or an apple), usually to make it shiny.
- (transitive, slang) To kill, especially to murder a person.
- (intransitive, literary) To grow.