- An often humid, yellowish froth produced by fermenting malt worts, and used to brew beer, leaven bread, and also used in certain medicines.
- baker's yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Candida, a ubiquitous fungus that can cause various kinds of infections in humans.
- A true yeast or budding yeast in order Saccharomycetales.
- brewer's yeast, certain species of Saccharomyces, principally Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Saccharomyces carlsbergensis.
- (figuratively) A frothy foam.
- A single-celled fungus of a wide variety of taxonomic families.
- A compressed cake or dried granules of this substance used for mixing with flour to make bread dough rise.
- The resulting infection, candidiasis.
- To ferment.
- (of something prepared with a yeasted dough) To rise.