- (Britain, politics) Related to the Liberal Democrats.
- (informal) Lacking courage.
- (dated, US) High yellow.
- Having yellow as its colour.
- (chiefly derogatory, offensive) Far East Asian (relating to Asian people).
- (Germany, politics) Related to the Free Democratic Party.
"The black-yellow coalition"
- (publishing, journalism) Characterized by sensationalism, lurid content, and doubtful accuracy.
- (US) The intermediate light in a set of three traffic lights, the illumination of which indicates that drivers should stop short of the intersection if it is safe to do so.
- (sports) yellow card
- The colour of gold or butter; the colour obtained by mixing green and red light, or by subtracting blue from white light.
- (pocket billiards) One of two groups of object balls, or a ball from that group, as used in the principally British version of pool that makes use of unnumbered balls (the (yellow[s] and red[s]); contrast stripes and solids in the originally American version with numbered balls).
- (snooker) One of the colour balls used in snooker, with a value of 2 points.
- (transitive) To make (something) yellow or more yellow.
- (intransitive) To become yellow or more yellow.